John & Erica Peterson
Cannon Falls, MN
Dale Peterson arrived in Cannon Falls in 1939 ready to do what he loved – grow free-range turkeys. Having studied poultry science in college, Dale was looking for a location ideally suited for his turkey farm. He found that land in the rolling hills of the Little Cannon River Valley – land we still call home today. Shortly after, Dale married Fern, and together they fostered a family farm that still proudly bears their name.
Our farm is now managed by our second and third generations. Fern and Dale’s son, Dick, and his wife, Jane, returned to the farm in the 1970s to continue the family’s tradition. In 2008, Dick and Jane’s son, John, and his wife, Erica, joined them and began direct marketing our turkey under the Ferndale Market label.
Following Are Some Items From This Farm