Irv & Shelly's Fresh Picks(R) offers year-round home delivery in the Chicago and Milwaukee areas of local and organic produce, meat, dairy and eggs. You can order online anytime to choose the specific items you want, or opt for a Fresh Picks Box that is automatically delivered to your door weekly or bi-weekly.
We are committed to working with local sustainable farms we personally know and trust. Our fresh picks will arrive at your door ripe and bursting with flavor, vitamins and minerals within hours of leaving the farm. We're as proud of our farmers as they are of their food, and have developed tracking systems for the great local products in your order so we can tell you who raised them and how they protect your health and the environment.
Custom ordering is simple! You can order specific items from our product list anytime.
- You can also mark the items you want to receive on a recurring weekly or bi-weekly basis to form a Standing Order.
- The Most Local Choices. What if you want lettuce and carrots every week even when they are out of season in the Midwest? No problem! While we give priority to local farmers, we'll make sure you get the healthy foods you want when you want them, including items like oranges and avocados that are not grown locally, from our certified organic partners in other regions.
- Protein! We will also carry a great selection of humanely raised organic and natural meats, poultry, milk, cheese, tofu and eggs.
The Fresh Picks Box is filled with the best local in-season produce and customized according to your individual needs and preferences. It is supplemented with produce from outside the region during the winter months.
- You choose the size box you want: $18 for single, $25 for double, or $40 for a family size box.
- Frequency. You tell us if you want to receive your Fresh Picks Box every week or every other week and you're all set. Fresh ripe produce is on its way to your door!
- Customized. You can choose additional items to receive each time along with your Fresh Picks Box. Add in eggs, milk and broccoli or any of dozens of choices to each delivery to get the healthy foods you need!
You will receive a confirmation email within 30 minutes of placing your order. Please put our email firstname.lastname@example.org in your address book so our email does not go into your spam folder. For Standing Orders, you will receive a reminder email the week before the order deadline in case you want to make any changes for the following week. Your Account will switch to Delivered once we Check Out your order and it is on its way.
You can check if we deliver to your zip code and we'll let you know which day of the week we deliver to your neighborhood.
- Most deliveries are made in the afternoon. We use the most efficient routing to keep our miles down and be green, and do not schedule specific delivery times for each customer. If you have any timing concerns, please give us a call.
- If you are going away on vacation, good for you! Just let us know and your Standing Order will resume upon your return.
- Orders will be delivered in Fresh Picks bins. Our bins will be packed with materials such as ice packs and insulation to keep your order fresh for up to 8 hours in the heat of summer or the cold of winter. When we deliver your next order we will pick up bins and packing materials from last time. If you are not ordering again for a few weeks or more, please contact us to schedule a bin pick up. There is a $30 replacement fee for bins not returned.
- There is currently a minimum order size for Custom Orders of $15. We have a $5.50 Shipping and Handling fee and a $1 Fuel Surcharge on all orders. Tips for our wonderful drivers are not necessary but appreciated. There is no minimum for Recurring or Standing Orders. You can receive the delivery if you are home or we will leave it in a designated location if you are not home, even bringing it into your building if you want to mail us a key (use sturdy envelope). We take keys for public areas and not directly into an apartment or home. Email us if you are sending a key so we'll expect it and tell us your Account number, not full name and address, for security reasons. All orders will be packed to maintain their freshness for up to 8 hours.
- Refund & Return Policy. We guarantee the quality of our products. If you are not satisfied with the quality of any product you receive, please contact us and we will provide a credit to be used toward a future order or a refund to your account. Given the perishable nature of our products there are no returns.
We live in Chicago with our kids Miles and Lia, and like you, we want to have an easier time getting locally grown and organic food.
When we talked with independent farmers working hard to grow food without using chemicals, hormones and antibiotics, they told us they could use help getting their food to urban areas like Chicago and Milwaukee. So we decided to start Irv & Shelly's Fresh Picks(R) to deliver ripe food bursting with flavor, vitamins and minerals right to your door within hours of leaving the farm.
We want to partner with farmers to grow the market for local organic food and to improve our health and the environment in the process. We wanted to cut out as many middle men as possible and return the maximum dollars back to the farm so small independent farmers can flourish. That is why we are delivering local food to your homes fresh from the farms and directly to you. You can learn more about the benefits of eating locally grown food. Why Local...
Having a social mission as part of our lives and work is very important to us. Shelly has worked in community economic development for 20 years promoting the growth of communities and small business. Irv has been involved with nonprofit environmental activities for the past 10 years and active in creating markets for local farmers. We met at MIT when pursuing our MBAs, and bring IT, operations, finance and marketing expertise from our corporate, nonprofit and industrial backgrounds.
Combining our expertise, social goals and interest in good health is very rewarding. We have been into organics since our son Miles was born in 1991, and we are excited to bring great healthy food to you!
Irv & Shelly